Join the NLEI Team
NLEI provides Chicago's Latino community with marketable job skills necessary to obtain meaningful full-time employment leading to careers.
Today, NLEI serves over 3,000 individuals a year and is approved by the Illinois State Board of Education as a private business institution by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). In 2006, NLEI was recognized as an ACICS Honor Roll Institution by demonstrating exemplary standards.
POSITION TITLE: Medical - Electronic Medical Records Instructor
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Allied Health Programs
JOB DESCRIPTION: National Latino Education Institute is currently hiring part-time instructors who can teach Electronic Medical Records with a focus on Medisoft software.
Do you enjoy working with people and have a knack for science and Medicine? If so, join the team at National Latino Education Institute. We are currently looking for dynamic individuals with excellent interpersonal qualities, who would love working in an academic/training environment. Share your expertise with aspiring healthcare workers who are training for a job in information technology.
1. Adheres to the mission of National Latino Education Institute. (NLEI).
2. Utilize a variety of teaching styles and methods to accommodate diverse learning styles of students.
3. Organize, prepare and regularly revise/update all materials for the courses they are responsible for teaching.
4. Establish positive classroom relationships with students by being actively engaged in the classroom and computer lab.
5. Provide opportunities for in-class discussions and questions and display enthusiasm when discussing the subject matter throughout the learning process.
6. Analyze outward signs of problems students may have that inhibit their achievement and take appropriate action.
7. Students who complete this program will be prepared to take the certification exam.
• Must be familiar with the Medisoft EMR Healthcare Information System and must have experience in training/teaching adults.
• Highly organized and detail oriented individual with the ability to maintain confidentiality. Excellent interpersonal skills including questioning, listening, and showing concern and respect for others is important. Excellent verbal communication skills including the ability to be clearly understood when speaking in front of a group are a necessity.
This is a part-time position. NLEI offers a competitive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer. You may submit your cover letter, resume, salary history, and salary requirements via email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.